Auto Restorer - Glas 1700 GT

Dieses Forum kann von allen Besuchern der GLAS-Club Website genutzt werden.

All visitors of the GLAS-Club site may discuss here.

Moderator: Matthias aus Hohenlohe

Antworten
ryanwu77

Auto Restorer - Glas 1700 GT

Beitrag von ryanwu77 »

Hello,

Apologies for using English, but I have a request that may be in the specialty of Glas club members.

Specifically, can anyone recommend a good auto restorer in Germany / Central Europe for my 1700 GT? (original Glas, not BMW version)

The car is in reasonably good shape, but would need some body work on the wheel wells and new exterior paint. The engine is not original (replaced with a Ford engine some time ago, not sure about transmission or other related mechanical components). Ideally the restorer could also put an appropriate Glas engine back into the car. I would like to have the car ready in the coming 6 months.

I will arrange for shipment of the car from where it is being stored to the restorer's location.

Any recommendations? (to be clear, the car is not for sale, I plan to keep it after restoration).
IMG_8954.JPG
IMG_8954.JPG (159.35 KiB) 4667 mal betrachtet
Thank you for your kind assistance!

Regards,
Ryan W.
Uwe Gusen

Re: Auto Restorer - Glas 1700 GT

Beitrag von Uwe Gusen »

Hi Ryan
I am the president of the GLAS Automobil Club and I can recommend you a good restorer for original GLAS cars in Germany.
If you send me to uwe.gusen@glasclub.de your VIN , several photos of you car and you home adress I will send you the adress of the company.
Best regards
Uwe
Antworten